This first step is develop a dream that is based on:
- what you want to accomplish in life
- those things that bring you happiness, enjoyment, and joy
- your values
- your strengths
The second step is to develop an action plan. Action takes courage, but it also needs a road map. Too many people dream, but never act. Successful action requires:
- pushing yourself to reach your true potential, to break out of your comfort zone
- setting a series of goals that will lead you to your long term aspirations in life. These goals should stretch you, be measurable and attainable, be intrinsically rewarding, and have a specific time frame. What do you need to accomplish this month? In three months? This year? As the old joke goes, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!" Set a series of 90 day milestones that map out the goals you need to reach to move your toward your dream.
- create an honest assessment of what happens if you don't achieve your goal. What's the worst that can happen? It is probably not as bad as you think, so don't let your fears stop you.
Successful action requires accountability -- to yourself and to those who support you on the journey to your dream.
Do you have a dream? Are you ready for the calling?