Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall 2010 Fashion Trends

Ah! The pleasure of wearing clothes.
With Spring behind us (Northern Hemisphere) it's time to look forwards to the coming freezing weather, and the fashion it will bring. Yes, Autumn / Fall 2010 fashion trends are on the horizon. With the new season comes a lot of new looks and, for those that aren't new, new takes on established fashion trends.I will share with some of my favorite trends this season.




Sophisticated '70s
I like the feminine chic look. I love being a "Lady" when it come to clothes. By day it's all about high waists, wide legs, soft blouses and '70s accessories. By night, all that shimmers is gold. Flowing, draping dresses in high-shine fabrics or metallic hues are perfect for evening '70s glamour. Be bold and don't hold back, this look is about balancing softness with boldness. 









Military fashion
Yes, military remains a trend for Autumn / Fall 2010. Following on from Spring 2010 the women's military trend, like the men's, takes its cues from 20th Century military uniforms. From army green to shearling lined boots. Military jackets are an item piece that gives you the authority to command attention. Love the shoulder puffs and the straight buttons.
Leather
My dear love would love to see me in leather something.  There seems to be a lot of leather somethings out there in the market. You name it, it'll be an option for your wardrobe in the colder months. Leather shorts, leather dresses, leather leggings, leather underwear (yes, there is) leather hats and more. I will let you know when I get my leather something.
Knee high socks
Given that thigh high boots are on trend (see below) and that they can't be worn every day (unless you've amassed a big collection) there has to be an alternative with similar appeal. Hence for Autumn / Fall 2010 you'll find yourself rummaging through your sock draw and donning a pair of knee high socks. Or over the knee socks. Or thigh high socks. From the sporty to the sparkly, to layerings of socks over tights; a great pair of socks can add that extra, and much needed, eye catching detail to an outfit. I love the knitted details on mine. Gives the viewer something extra to think about. ; )



Thigh high boots
Over-the-knee boots are the must-have footwear for Autumn / Fall 2010. Once considered only for the daring, those wearing this shoe trend will find the tops of their boots creeping up even higher with thigh-high boots also in the mainstream. From elegant suedes to futuristic wound-and-bound leathers, the options are many and various. My thigh high boots will be my best friend this Winter.
Socks under heels
I don't know about this trend. It only reminds me of many 80's movies. It could be as bad as flip flops and socks. But yes, it's been a while since the humble ankle sock has really be worn (fashionably) under a pair of heels. For Fall 2010, fashionable they are. Whether it's a high heeled sandal or a lace-up boot, or even a man-style flat shoe such as an oxford or brogue, a pair of socks can add colour and texture to your outfit. I will let you know if I attempt fate.


Fur boots & mukluks
Forget about mukluks. If you live in the ice death valleys of the arctic. I understand but I don't want to see them unless their super cute. Mukluks are like survival shoes. that you can go hideously wrong. But don't let that deter you. The options for fur, faux-fur and fur-lined boots in Fall 2010 go well beyond yeti-like furry feet and into a number of slicker and sexier looks. Think bed-haired bohemians in fur pelted shoes through to classic ski-bunny boots. Think sex goddess of the snow. Pick-me, pick-me I'm up for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Girl on da loose. I look forward to reading more of your comments.
*Girlondaloose