Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Je parle Francais.

First thing you do when you get to a foreign country that speaks a foreign language, is learn the foreign language before you get here. I had had French lessons before but it did not prepare me for ordering at a restaurant that was serving Belgian delicacies. I was being adventurous. There is nothing worse than starving to death and looking at the menu and having no idea what it means. I have killer instincts when I'm hungry. I say killer instincts because I mean I will kill- to- eat- anything- right- now mood swings. I turn into those scary Gremlins if I don't eat. Short people need to eat. We're feisty. Yes, great something I understand L'americain prĂ©pare. Food prepared in an American way. Fantastic, I have travelled mile across countries and sea to Europe, Brussels to have food prepared in a Belgian American way. That's not what it really means its just called L'americain prĂ©pare. 


The raw fresh beef minced to an oblivion, seasoned with salt and pepper fresh herbs, worcester sauce and onions, top off with a raw egg you mix yourself and gherkins to garnish served with those great Belgian potatoe chips (we will get to that)... Delicious.

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious. Manje do you eat this mince and raw egg as is? No fire nada? Eish never!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha, I can sympathise so much. Menus in Spanish are still quite daunting, buta girl has to eat!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Girl on da loose. I look forward to reading more of your comments.
*Girlondaloose